How to Setup Linksys Wifi Extender
A Linksys range extender is an advanced device that has great functions and use as it helps improving your Wi-Fi speed. It helps amplify the Wi-Fi speed connectivity and this allows you to access advanced settings on your web-page and even let your Wi-Fi connection reach the farthest corner of your home.
Facing issues with linksys range extender setup: Can’t connect to my Linksys extender
Now, if you are facing issues like Linksys range extender drops connectionmake sure that your internet is working properly:
- To check if your internet is working properly, type the Linksys extender web-based setup page or the given IP address on the browser and if it does not open that means your internet is not working. .
- Also, make sure that your device and Linksys range extender are connected to the same Wi-Fi. For that, click on the Wi-Fi sign and see what network you are connected to is the same or not.
- Now, check the LED lights on the top of the range extender to check its status if it is stable or not. If the light is turned off Power cycle the range extender again. For that remove the Linksys range extender from the power sources and reconnect it again.
Linksys Range Extender Drops Connection
If your Linksys extenderis facing connectivity issues then you can reset the device to default factory settings and start the setup process again. For that long press the reset button of the Extender for 10 seconds or until the light starts to blink. Then restart it again but now the extender will be set to all default settings and you will have to set-up it again.
To resolve this issue, try out the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you are using a hardwired connection on your computer to connect to the Linksys router. A hardwired connection makes sure that your connection is stable and reduces the chances of Linksys range extender loses connection to access the web-based setup page of Linksys router.
- If you are using a wireless Wi-Fi connection then make sure the Linksys router and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network which is stable, fast and running great.
- Make sure that the computer and the Linksys extender are placed close to the internet source. In this case which is Wi-Fi router or modem so that the connection is strong and stable.
Linksys Wifi Extender Login | 192.168.1.1
While you are trying to perform Linksys Extender setup you have to type in the default IP address and then you will be taken to the login page. If you are not taken to the login page, then try these troubleshooting steps:
- Check if you have typed the right IP address on the browser address bar. Make sure there are no spelling errors.
- Make sure that the internet connection of the computer is strong, stable and fast.
- If you have used hardwired connection, make sure all the cables are connected properly to the computer and the Linksys router.
- Refresh the browser web page and try to restart.
- Delete the cache or the browser history on your current browser web page.
- Check if the login credentials you are using are correct.
- Type in the default login credentials which is: Username -left blank and password is admin.
Now, you can successfully complete linksys range extender setup.
How to Reset Linksys Wifi Extender
There are two ways of performing reset Linksys extender: The first method is the soft reset method. In which you have to do the following steps:
- Switch on your PC and then open a web browser. Now, access the web based setup page of the Linksys Range Extender.
- To make that happen make sure you have connected your PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, type the default IP address which is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Now, you will be taken to the login window where you have to type in the login credentials which are Username to be left black and Password as “admin” and login.
- Now, go to the Administration field and click on reset to reset the Linksys Range Extender.
- Click on Factory Default Reset button to reset the Linksys Range Extender
The other method is the hard reset and for the same you have to follow these steps:
- Now, power off the PC and shut all the connections from the Linksys Range Extender
- Now provide power to Linksys range extender and let it boot up.
- Once it is boot up, you need a paper clip to insert in the reset button and long press for 30 seconds. This will reboot the device.
- Once the Linksys Range Extender boots up after a restart you will have successfully reset Linksys Range Extender.
Linksys Extender Firmware Update
The firmware update for Linksys extender is very important as it ensure the device meets all the security standards and protocols. The Linksys keeps on releasing various updates to improve the functioning of its devices. This makes sure that the device deals with all the software flaws and provide new features or enhancements.
- To upgrade or perform Linksys extender firmware update follow the steps:
- Go to the Linksys support tap on the official website and select “Downloads”.
- Now, take a note of your model number of the Linksys router and make sure which version you are. This model number can be found on the sticker on your range extender.
- Now, while you are on the download tab select your version or the model number and then click “Download” under Firmware.
- Now, login to your Linksys range extender setup page by entering your username and password into the applicable fields.
- Then, Select “Administration” and click on “Firmware Upgrade”
- Click “Choose File” and navigate to Libraries\Downloads and Double-click on the BIN file you have just recently downloaded and then click “Start Upgrade” to update the firmware.
Now, you have successfully performed Linksys extender firmware update.